Sunol Business Guild
The Sunol Business Guild's purpose is to "Improve and maintain
the Town of Sunol and to support local nonprofit organizations and the
community of Sunol".
If you have a business or personal interest in Sunol, then please consider joining us as we continue to improve our little corner of the world.
Annual membership: $50. Or $75 per family.
The Sunol Business Guild was formed in 1994 by community members who were concerned about dilapidation and decline in the downtown area. After building the two town signs (either end of town), we erected the community bulletin board and clock. Next we assisted the Pacific Locomotive Association in creating Depot Gardens. Over the years, we have provided grants totaling over $150,000 to fellow non-profit corporations and needy students and households around Sunol.
- Donated proceeds to the CHP Widow's and Orphan's Fund.
- Donation to the Boy Scouts for the purchase of a Teepee, and the
purchase of long-term storage.
- Provided help for a local family who's husband and father was killed
in a robbery.
- Helped fund CERT startup, including donation of space in a cargo container which holds emergency supplies in case of a disaster.
- Built the white picket fence along the north side of Main Street.
- Established scholarship fund for graduating high school seniors who are also former Sunol Glen students.
- Donation to help with 2016 abatement and painting of Little Brown Church.
- Memorial benches for some of Sunol’s finest.
- Early improvements to the park, which is now maintained and managed by Friends of the Park.
- New LED Christmas lights and wiring for the large ceremonial pine as well as the white picket fences.
- Redecking the footbridge to the Sunol Depot Gardens
The Sunol Business Guild meets quarterly in downtown Sunol.